Repairing vs Replacing a Toilet
Toilet Replacement – Ottawa Plumbing Services
There’s a lot of reasons why you might consider replacing your toilet. Perhaps your toilet is clogging often or it leaves some nastiness in the bowl when it flushes, maybe it’s leaking or making noises, or maybe you want to update your bathroom with a nice new toilet. Whatever the reason, replacing your toilet can be a hassle… But John The Plumber is here to help!
If you want to replace your toilet, you can call us or book online. If you want more information about toilets and toilet replacements, scroll down!
Repairing Vs. Replacing A Toilet
Many plumbing service calls are related to malfunctioning toilets. Most of the time, it’s an easy repair. Perhaps the toilet is leaking or has a brutal clog. John The Plumber is always happy to repair or unblock your toilet.
But sometimes, it’s most cost-efficient to simply replace the toilet. Here are some signs that it might be time to replace your toilet:
- It clogs frequently. If you find yourself keeping a plunger beside the toilet, and using it frequently, your toilet might not have the flushing power it needs. Many older toilets experience this problem.
- One flush isn’t enough to clear out the waste. When you flush your toilet but it looks like a nasty soup returns to the bowl, your toilet is struggling and failing to clear waste out.
- There’s damage. Porcelain can crack, chip, or scratch relatively easily. This damage might not be leaking now, but it’s not going to get better on its own. Over time, the damage can extend and cause you some serious trouble.
- Your toilet might be wasting a ton of water and money. Old toilets that flush your money down the drain or toilets that leak will drain your money over time. New technology exists in toilets that amp up the flushing power while reducing water usage.
- Your toilet is constantly running. This is a common problem, and can often be fixed… but if it’s one of more problems, it might not be worth repairing. Keep an eye on your utility bills and pay attention to rises.
- The toilet is wobbling. While this is usually a matter of tightening a couple of bolts, sometimes it’s caused by damaged flooring underneath caused by water damage.
- You want more features. You’ve heard of bidets, but did you know you can get heated and lighted seats? The future is now!
- Your toilet is uncomfortable. Toilets come in varying sizes and heights, and perhaps you want to upgrade your toilet to a throne.
- Your toilet is ugly. It might seem like a silly reason to replace a toilet to some people, but your toilet is an important part of your bathroom and it’s something that your guests notice. There are some really beautiful toilets out there!
Can I replace a toilet myself or should I hire a plumber?
Replacing a toilet yourself is certainly doable. However, there are some unforeseen issues that arise from time to time.
When I replaced my toilet, I also had to replace the shutoff valve. That being said, you might be able to handle whatever issues come your way.
If I’m to persuade you to use John The Plumber’s plumbing services, I’d best remind you that toilets can be heavy, messy, awkward to maneuver around, and overall just a pain in the butt. But I’m an honest guy, so I’ll admit that you can probably do it as long as you don’t mind getting your hands dirty and risk throwing out your back.
Why you should hire John The Plumber
John The Plumber will make your toilet replacement easy. Our licensed plumbers will disconnect your toilet, remove your toilet (from your home so you don’t have to), clean around it, install your new toilet, and clean and repair around the drain and floor as needed. We’ll take on the burden so that you don’t have to.
Furthermore, our dedication to your satisfaction is second to none. We won’t be late, we won’t waste your time, we won’t surprise you with costs that you didn’t agree to, and we’ll do the work properly to ensure that your basement doesn’t flood. When you call John The Plumber, you can expect a top-notch and friendly plumber who will quickly and efficiently do the work you need, then we’ll be on our way so you can enjoy your day! No more waiting around the clock for a late plumber who never shows. No more sketchy guys that add surprise costs that you didn’t agree to. And no more shoddy work.
Plus, we offer peace-of-mind benefits to our customers as well as plumbing inspections. We’re happy to take a look at your plumbing system to advise you on things you should consider doing in the future before you come home to a nightmare.
John The Plumber is here to help and we want to earn your business for life. You can count on us. Call us today!