It was the ancient Grecians who were first thought to have used water for reasons other than pure hygiene. They believed that applying water to the body would heal all kinds of different diseases, which is why they used it to help their wounded military soldiers. From hot springs to bathhouses, medicinal waters are still used throughout Europe today.
Although these healing methods are less commonly used in the Western World, homeowners can still recreate the look and feel of a spa-inspired bathroom with these 5 tips from John the Plumber:
- Paint the walls in soothing, earth-rich tones like white, brown or green.
- Keep clutter out and make sure all your major fixtures are simple.
- At the same time, make sure your bathroom are not too empty by adding eucalyptus, scented candles, flowers and other small touches.
- Remove any visible labels by cutting off tags from towels or moving products like Q-Tips and soap into unmarked bottles and jars.
- Make small upgrades without breaking the bank. Whenever possible, add simple little elements like rain showerheads, vanity lighting, or new mirrors.
If you are looking for reliable plumbers, Ottawa-based John the Plumber not only offers plumbing repair and maintenance but can help you with any of your renovation needs including creating a spa-inspired bathroom. For more information visit the John the Plumber website at https://johntheplumber.ca/.
John The Plumber
1541 Riverside Drive