What is a Bidet and What is it Used for? Our Plumbers Mississauga Tell You Below
Most people in Mississauga might not know what a bidet is. People who have travelled to Europe, Japan, Middle East, etc, might have seen them in bathrooms there. For some reason, Bidets never gained popularity in Mississauga while it’s a regular fixture in other parts of the world. They contribute towards better hygiene. At John The Plumber Mississauga, we have seen a change in this trend. Several people have started to install bidets in their bathrooms here as well, recognizing their hygiene benefits.
What is a Bidet?
A bidet looks remarkably similar to a toilet but it’s not meant to be used as one. You need to use it after you’ve finished using the toilet. Bidets are used to wash and clean yourself. Modern bidets come with gentle sprays that would direct the water, which makes using them much more convenient.
How Do You Use It?
After you’ve finished using the toilet, you just need to move over and sit on the bidet. They don’t have a toilet seat, so you’ll have to sit directly on the rim. If the bidet comes without sprays, you need to fill the bowl with water and wash yourself. It works like a sink. If you have sprays, you need to simply use the water from the spray.
After you’re clean, you can use toilet paper or tissue paper to wipe yourself dry. Once you’re done, you should rinse out the bidet to ensure that it’s clean.
Benefits of the Bidet
There are several benefits of using a bidet. We’ve already mentioned better hygiene. Here are some of the other benefits, according to our plumber Mississauga
- Disabled individuals, people with limited mobility, etc would be able to easily clean themselves.
- People with hemorrhoids would find bidets a relief as there’s very little rubbing involved. Bidets are much gentler than toilet paper.
- They help menstruating women maintain their hygiene. Better cleanliness can help to prevent yeast infections and other common ailments.
- They can reduce clogging and other common plumbing problems.
- They are also eco-friendly and can help reduce the amount of household waste.
If you want to know more about bidets and their installation, don’t hesitate to contact us at John The Plumber. Along with expert advice, you’ll also get the best plumbing warranty of 2 years! Just fill in this contact us form or give us a call at 289-430-5562.
#Bidet #JohnThePlumber #Bathrooms #BetterHygiene