On Demand Hot Water Heating
Nobody from decades past would have ever believed there was another way to have hot water heating in a household other than the standard traditional tanks found in everyone’s homes. One would pick the size of tank that was suitable for their family and that was it. Technological advances within this industry have changed all of that. Now, there is a choice to go tankless, literally meaning there is no tank. These modern hot water heating devices create hot water as you ask for it for as long as you want. It’s on demand. Not only do you gain space in your home from removing the large tank, you also save money where your monthly bills are concerned as there is no tank being kept warm for when you want to use hot water.
On Demand Water Heating – Two Types:
The Whole House Unit: This is just as the name says: it is installed with the intent that it will provide hot water for your entire home.
The Point-of-Use Unit: This type of unit is designed to work for just one fixture within the home. They are often purchased for people’s kitchens; again there is no tank so the heater is able to be tucked away under the counter so nobody sees it.
Decisions To Make Prior To Purchase:
- Are you considering on moving the new tank to a different location in your home?
- How do you plan to power your unit of choice? Gas or Electric?
- If you want to switch to gas do you already have gas lines in place, and are they the correct size?
Gas & Electric Tanks: What’s The Difference?
- Can be fuelled by natural gas or propane
- Will require gas lines to run to the heater
- Will require ventilation to the outdoors (very important!)
- Can produce water endlessly in two places within your home at the same time
- Their fuel is an electrical element
- Outdoor ventilation is not a requirement
- They are easier to install and less expensive than the gas units
If you feel you are ready to make the leap from tank to tankless give us a call today at John THE Plumber Kingston today. You can speak with one of our office employees who will be pleased to answer any questions you may have. If it turns out you have questions they do not feel confident in answering then they will dispatch one of our licensed and qualified HVAC technicians to come and discuss your needs with you. Once you’ve made your purchase, our technician will return, remove your old tank and install your new on demand water heating device.
Give us a call today at John THE Plumber Kingston, we’ll have you sorted out in no time!